She evokes beauty, compassion and best for life; an enigmatic silhouette against the backdrop of a starry sky, she stands with her head held high. Draped in confidence and exuberance, she is charm, poise and elegance personified…
Kalamandir has been giving life to women’s fantasies in silk since 2005. Bringing the traditional silk and handloom sarees to the fore, Kalamandir has a stupendous collection of intricately designed embroidered and woven sarees that bring out the diva in every woman.
Be it kanjeevaram, zari, bhandej, banarasi, georgette or chiffon sarees, each piece here, tells a tale of marvellous skill, effort, patience and imagination. Exciting splashes of colours, bead and sequins work, unusual prints and awe-inspiring brocades make up for an exotic collection that makes women crave for such an assortment in their wardrobe.
At Kalamandir, we have a range of apparels for all occasions, which help you make a statement in a way you choose- subtle or apparent.
Our business was started as a Partnership Firm under the name and style of “Sai Silks” on August 10, 2005 with Mr. Chalavadi Naga Kanaka Durga Prasad and Ms. Chalavadi Jhansi Rani as partners.
Our Partnership Firm was converted into a Private Limited Company in the year 2008 under the name and style of Sai Silks (Kalamandir) Private Limited and later on converted into a Public Limited Company and received fresh Certificate of Incorporation on May 21, 2009 from the ROC, Andhra Pradesh
We had started as a retailer of sarees in Hyderabad since 2005 on a very modest scale with a Retail Outlet of 3500 square feet. We have a network of 15 retail outlets in South India spread across 1,29,035 square feet of area.
We are majorly in the business of retailing of sarees under the brand name of “Kalamandir”, “Mandir” and ”Varamahalakshmi” and the entire range of sarees is in the price range of~ 300 to~ 3,50,000.
In order to expand our products range, we also undertook display and sale of jewellery in our retail outlets under shop-in-shop model.
We have also entered into the business of generation of Electricity through Non-conventional energy sources by setting up a Wind Power Project
having a capacity of 2 MW at Kondamedapally
Our range of products:
- Women’s dress materials
- Men’s wear
- Kid’s wear
- Gold Jewellery & Silver Jewellery
Major focus is on the Women’s Ethnic wear but because of the strong network in the South catering to the Men’s & Kid’s wear section in the high end margin niche segment.
- Started the First Retail Outlet in Ameerpet, Hyderabad in 2005.
- Entered into user agreement for the brand name “Kalamandir” with Ms. Chalavadi Jhansi Rani in 2005.
- Started the Second Retail Outlet in Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad in 2006.
- Started the Third Outlet in Kukatpally, Hyderabad in 2007.
- Converted the existing partnership Firm into a Private Limited Company on July 3, 2008 under Part IX of the Companies Act, 1956 under the name and style of Sai Silks (Kalamandir) Private Limited in 2008.
- Started four Retail Outlet in Bengaluru in 2008 & One Retail Outlet in Guntur in the same year.
- Started the Ninttl Retail Outlet in Chickpet, Bengaluru in 2009.
- Started two Retail Outlets in Patny Center, Secunderabad & Vijayawada respectively in 2010
- Started two Retail Outlets in Banjara Hills, Hyderabad & Chickpet, and Bengaluru respectively in 2011.
- Started two Retail Outlets in Hanumakonda (Warangal Dist) & Kancheepuram (Tamilnadu) respectively in 2012